The QAO is headed by a Director who shall be appointed by the Chancellor for a term of three years. S/He shall report to the Chancellor and sit as a member of the UPLB Management Committee and Executive Committee. The Director shall oversee the implementation of QA measures as recommended by the UPLB Quality Assurance Advisory Committee (QAAC).
QAO is currently headed by Dr. Myra G. Borines, a professor from the College of Engineering and Agro-industrial Technology. She previously was a College Quality Assurance Officer for CEAT. Previous to her appointment, from 2020 to 2022, QAO (previously AADU) is under the leadership of Dr. Nina M. Cadiz, a professor of the Institute of Biological Sciences, ASEAN assessor, and UP Scientist 1. She was also appointed as UPLB’s Quality Assurance Officer (01 November 2020 to 01 January 2023). QAO was first headed by Dr. Jezie Acorda, now Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine, from 2018 to 2019.
Dir. Borines' specific tasks include:
- exercising overall control and supervision of all personnel, resources and facilities of QAO;
- setting of QA goals for the short term (3 yrs.), medium term (6 yrs.), and long term (9 yrs.) in coordination with the Chancellor and QAAC;
- overseeing of the conduct of QA trainings and other capacity building workshops;
- enforcing of strict compliance to university assessments (e.g., iAADS submission) and other QA programs;
- supervising the development of information systems on QA (e.g., database and documentation); and,
- taking the lead in developing linkages with other QA organizations and networks.
Myra G. Borines, PhD